Solicitation : 8(A) STARS II
Scheduled Release Date: MAY 18TH, 2015
Current In effect Period of Performance:
August 31, 2011 to August 30, 2016, with one five year option from August 31, 2016 to August 30, 2021
Size of Contract:
$10 Billion ceiling and a five-year base period with one five-year option.
Why this Contracting Vehicle Exists:
8(a) STARS II allows for long-term planning for agencies of large-scale program requirements. This is because an 8(a) firm that has graduated from the SBA program can continue to be awarded contracts, under the STARS II Contracting Vehicles, as if it is still an active 8(a) for the duration of its STARS II contract.
Size of Contracts :
8(a) STARS II allows for directed task order awards to the contract holder for orders under $4 Million (including options). Orders greater than $4 Million are more commonly competed among the firms that are on the 8(a) Stars II contract based upon the firm’s area of expertise.
Graph of annual purchasing off the 8(a) STARS I and STARS II :
||# Firms in Category
Custom Computer Programming Services
Computer Systems Design Services
Computer Facilities Management Services
Customer Computer Programming Services – Constellation II contractors*
Computer Systems Design Services – Constellation II contractors*
Computer Facilities Management Services – Constellation II contractors*
Other Computer Related Services – Constellation II contractors*
*Constellation II contractors possess one or more of the following credentials: ISO 9001:2000, ISO 9001:2008, CMMI Level II (or higher) – DEV or CMMI Level II (or higher) – SVC
||Custom Computer Programming
||Computer Systems Design
||Computer Facilities Management
||Other Computer Related Services
- 8(a) Certification and working in the IT industry
- wo-three past performance examples per each functional area Financially stable firm as evidenced by financial statements
- Execute a marketing plan to generate sales
- Execute a comprehensive contract administration plan to ensure compliance with all administrative and compliance requirements
- Must have competitive rates that are most favorable to the GSA when compared to previously offered rates to other customers.
- GSA Schedule 70 simplifies the 8(a) STARS II Process