Over the years we have found that most business owners would prefer to stay completely focused on the growth of their business, rather than spending the necessary time and/or resources to figure out the rules and nuances associated with the assembly and submission of an 8(a) application. On a weekly basis, ez8a provides dozens of free initial qualification consultations.
Typically it will take 10 -20 minutes to review basic eligibility criteria. Any and all potential disqualification issues that arise are shared with the prospective client. For clients who would prefer to get additional information prior to calling, we offer pre-qualification tools (please see the puzzle located on our home page). Specific information regarding a wide array of available federal, state and local programs, are also available on our website.
For those clients who are well-postioned to be eligible candidates to submit an application, we offer a “deep-dive” consultation with our senior partner, Mark Ryan. He will spend 2 hours discussing your business, its eligibility, as well as your strategic goals. To learn more about Mark and his background, please visit the "About Us" tab located on our main menu.
To ensure the privacy/confidentiality of the conversation, we request that both parties sign a non-disclosure agreement prior to the call. At the conclusion of the consultation with Mark, he will provide you his assessment as to the likelihood of your company achieving 8(a) certification. This information is vital in determining if this is a good investment decision for your company.
If your company is determined to have a “high expectation” for a successful outcome, you can move forward knowing our success rate is very high. Our testimonials illustrate our honest and sincere approach to all applicants, and the high likelihood of approval of their submission.
The success rate for those companies that attempted the application entirely on their own was less than 20%. In Fiscal Year 2013, the total number of 8(a) applications submitted to the SBA was 2325*, of which 548 were approved. *Based upon SBA’s response to a Freedom of Information Act request submitted by ez8a.
- How many years have you been in business (generating revenue)?
- Have you been in business for 2 or more years (at least two tax returns)?
- Last year, were your sales greater than $100K?
- How many people are employed at your company?
- Do you have current financial statements (or are you able to get them)? Note: One of our partners, Todd Luttenegger, is a CPA and can provide his review/analysis.
- Is your company a for-profit company that is currently showing a profit as well as owners’ equity?
- Is your company the actual provider of the product or service being marketed, such as is the case with construction, landscaping, information technology, manufacturing, security, office support services, consulting, etc.? Brokers are not permitted, while distributors and retail companies are typically authorized.
- Are all the people that make up majority ownership of the company citizens of the United States?
- Is the majority owner the top management person at the company?
- Do all the people that make up majority ownership of the company work full-time for the company?
- Is the company owned partially or in whole, by another company (e.g. the company is a subsidiary or may go by a DBA [“do businesses as”])?
This free consultation will save you many hours when compared with trying to figure it out yourself. When you call, please expect to be asked questions regarding the financial status of your company, your ethnicity, as well as some personal financial questions. All questions asked relate directly to socioeconomic program eligibility (non-disclosure agreements may be signed in advance of any conversation, as requested by the potential client). Prior review of the pre-qualification questions, along with any and/or all of the above-listed questions, will provide you some advance key insight into the process prior to placing your free initial consultation call.